Friday 5 July 2013

Flat Head Syndrome


Salam Everyone,
I think I must SHARE this with many of us Malaysian.
I didn't know that the shape of our babies head (our head too) - could actually give some impact. I thought it was just cosmetics all along.. What I was told by my mom is to take care of the head so that that shape would be nicely round shape - try to avoid FLAT SHAPE - so what I practised is to always put the baby to sleep on his tummy, just to have this round shape head.

FLAT HEAD SYNDROME - I think many of us Malaysian babies has got this - the awareness is very much neglected - in the UK - u can get helps from the NHS.

So I got this info from Baby Swap FB page:
As babies have very soft skulls and must be put to sleep on their backs, a misshapen head shape can sometimes occur at around 2-3 months.
In the UK - this is the advise given:
If you notice this, the first thing you should do is speak to your GP or Health Visitor, they can inform you of different repositioning techniques which you can start immediately and hopefully help prevent the condition from worsening.
You may have been advised that your babies’ misshapen head is just cosmetic or that it will correct itself naturally, but if your baby is 4 months or older and their head shape is not improving with repositioning, additional treatment is available to help your baby with this condition.
If you would like more information or support on this condition, please visit this awareness page, set up by the parents of a child who had a severely 'flat head'.

You can read other parents’ stories and be directed to further information.
Really hope this helps!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment